Saturday, December 14, 2013

iPod Nano 7th Generation get frozen in Apple logo - SOLVED!!

I got a new iPod Nano 7th Generation for Xmas this year, but as soon I tried to play with it, it got frozen at the Apple logo, so I decided to start looking on the Internet on how to solve this problem.
While searching for information on how I can make my new iPod Nano work FOR ITS FIRST TIME, I found people who had almost the same problem, and the solution was always the same one: “you have to hold down the Sleep/Wake and the Home buttons, to restart the device”, the screen should go black and go back to the Apple logo just for a second, and then go to the home page. Well, in my case it never left the Apple logo, no matter how many times I reset it.



Was “funny” to read some post in Apple support where the only recommendation was: “go to an Apple retail store”, yeah right!!, the close one to my house is 40 minutes away!!. So I was thinking, it’s an Apple product, it’s 2013, so it should be another way to fix this other that drive 80 minutes (without traffic, of course), so I decided to do what any decent hacker should do, which is start trying different things, such as play with different combination of buttons, but nothing of than really worked until I think: “what happens if I hold the reset buttons and I help holding those even after the system get restarted?”, So that what I did, I hold those two buttons, the screen turn black and back to the Apple logo, but I never released the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons, so the iPod got restarted again and my computer recognized it !!!! as well as iTunes!!!

Note: Make sure your iPod it’s connected to the right USB port in your computer (for PC, should be on the back of the tower, for laptops it should be the USB port by the AC power pin or in the back of it), plus it helps if you have the last version of iTunes up and running.

Enjoy your iPod!

DarkV

No comments:

Post a Comment